Planning Tips/Ratio of Red vs White
- Seek advice from the professionals & always try your wines first to ensure no surprises on your big day.
- Remember to check if your banquet venue allows bringing in your own wine as some require corkage fee, which may be waived through negotiation.
- Find a wine supplier which provides consignment services to avoid the situation of over-ordering or the embarrassment of insufficient wines.
- For weddings on Fridays and Saturdays, the wine consumption for a table of 10 guests is approximately 1.5 to 2 bottles, and 1 to 1.5 bottles on weekdays and Sundays.
- Wedding dinner ratio: 70% red to 30% white, and a 60% red to 40% white for luncheons.
- Too much choice could confuse your guests, so choose one red and one white wine that pairs well with your menu, and serve those throughout your banquet.
- Western banquet, a red wine like a malbec or shiraz, which are heavier in character, will pair well with meat dishes like beef and lamb. White wines like chardonnay will be suitable for white meats and seafood.
- Chinese banquets, red wines such as cabernet sauvignon or merlot should go well with fish and chicken. For the white wine choice, sauvignon blanc pairs well with the chicken, seafood and vegetables dishes.
- Besides champagne, moscato or prosecco also work well for toasts.
- Wedding couples must be reminded that hotels or restaurants wine list may face markups that can double the cost of wines. Also, most hotels and restaurants charge a corkage fee to cover the staff service to open and pour the wines. Always be reminded that there are room for negotiation for the waiver of corkage fee.
- At Barworks, you can rest assured that there are no hidden costs. Prices quoted on our Banquet List are NETT and 7% GST is absorbed by us. Delivery and collection of wines are also inclusive when you purchase a minimum of 12 bottles.
The best way to decide which wines to serve is definitely to taste first !To further aid couples in finding the perfect
wine, Barworks holds complimentary wedding wine tasting session on 1 Saturday of every month especially for engaged couples.
You will also receive personalised recommendations from our carefully selected range of exclusively imported wines. RSVP for one of
the 12 limited slots per tasting session to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6534 1995!